Monday, September 9, 2013

Rockin' and a Rollin' in Mazatenango, Guatemala

Well if you hadn't taken note, there have been a few earthquakes lately on my side of the country and most of them have been pretty fun. Oh ya! Anyway, before I tell you my earthquake story I have had changes.

The changes have been like HUGE changes. Like I am in a whole new area. Unfortunately, I had to love my wonderful area in Retalhuleu to go to Mazatenango but the cool thing is that I now know what those names mean. Reu mean city in holes and Mazatenango means place of deer but there are no deer here because they are dead. I got moved here and this city is freaking huge. Like it even has a Taco Bell and a Subway so I'm pretty pumped. I am opening an area again with my new companion Elder Pichardo. He is from Nicaragua and he is a super good teacher. He's got like 18 months in the mission and we get along really well. The only deal is he isn't really obedient but the people love him. This place is really cool.

Now I will tell you the story of the second time I shook the crap out of Guatemala. So I was in Missionary Correlation with our mission leader in our ward of 170 people - WHAT! We were just chillin', talking all spiritual and stuff, then BOOM, all of a sudden the ground was going up and down and up and down. Then a member just yelled, "Run!" So we booked it through the church, like kind of tripping because of the quake. This quake was super long and lasted like 25 seconds! So we kept running. Then we made it outside and just like threw ourselves on the ground. After that and two smaller quakes passed, we went into the back of the church grounds and prayed that all would be well and all was well! Thanks God for that because it was nuts!!!

Then yesterday, my comp and I were contacting and we got kind of bored ya know. Then we realized we weren't funny enough and just not happy enough. So in the end what we did was slap each other and then kept on working and it was super awesome. In the end of the day we found a really cool family that wants to learn more and the coolest was that it was just the difference in attitude! Yay! Well, anyways, Bye! love you all. No wait. This family that we found is way cool as in like they have asked so many time why there are so many churches and we explained and they were so interested. Yay!!!!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment