Saturday, October 12, 2013

Conference Was Incredible

Hey everyone. How are you all doing? I hope just well. So sorry about last week when I didn't get to email you all. It was because the internet died. Well, actually all the power went out in the whole city. haha So, I couldn't finish. 

So, how did you all like Conference? I thought it was incredible and a little different. I loved messages about finding balance in your life and the talk from Elder Holland about depression. I sometimes get really down on myself on the mission and even though he didn't really talk about that, the Spirit spoke to me and told me that I don't have it that bad and that God gives us challenges to make us stronger which has helped me a lot because this change has not been an easy one. It's not that the work here is hard but I realized that as a team both parts need to pull. I like the example they used about a yoke. If we don't work together then we fail. But if we do work we can have incredile things happen. 

I talked to my comp about that but I don't know what to do with him. We aren't finding a whole lot ofpeople  together and we need the help of the members. The General Authorities even talked about that. But, my comp says he doesn't need their help. He's mad because he's companion b, after a year and a half of being companion a. He is ticked at me. Other than that, all is well.

Yesterday we found a family that has an incredible story and we are hoping it is real and they aren't some freaky people. They got married a while ago and then they got kicked out of their house and now they are here. They seem interested. Supposedly the husband is a Mormon but we'll see.

Well, I guess I don't have too much to write this week. It's been very uneventful because it has been full of meetings and interviews. The District is doing well. I'm kind of bummed because changes are coming up and Elder Harumi, a missionary from Pocatello, is leaving. He's cool.

Thanks for all your support and keep praying for us to find new investigators. Byes!!!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment