Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Baptism and Mother's Day Call

Hey Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, aunts, and grandmas out there!

Good news! We had a baptism last week. I would send pics but my comp isn't here, my camera is dead. He left to San Marcos to do something. I have another companion for the day. My comp goes home tomorrow.

On the cool news, I got to talk to my family!!! That was awesome. They all seem happy but it was weird because I am dying soon. Well, not soon but it is there on the list. But, no worries, we are finitely going to keep working! HARD!!!! I am happy. And, I am happy about the baptism. It is a cool story.

This girl named Wendy is working for a family of members and she lives there with them. Well the wife took her to the temple and she felt the spirit super strongly. So, we went to teach her and asked her if she wanted to be baptize. She said, "Yes!" And there you have it. She went to church, has progressed, and got dunked. And we are happy. Then the previous Stake President's daughter got married to a nonmember and he is really positive. I am so pumped! He will be baptized either the 24th or the 31st. 


(This is info from our phone call, Skype, with Collin. We loved talking to him. He will be home in 6 weeks. So this was a bit of a different call than the others. It was more of a preparation for the return type of call. He did have some new info. He told us about the fleas and how he is being eaten alive. He said the sprays aren't as effective as we would like to think they are. He has lots of holes in his shoes but can make it to the end. He is loving his zone - full of Elders. He is healthy and happy. He is feeling a bit "baggy" and feels very frustrated with that. He doesn't want to think about coming home but it just happens. His current companion had extended and was very baggy. He went home this last Wednesday. That has made it more difficult to ignore the fact that he is now in his last transfer. He had many questions about home and we talked about what he eats and the "cold" temperatures. Poor kid will freeze when he gets home.

He said that their p-day would be spent traveling to Reu for a day of fun at the President's home. They were going to eat and play tennis. In order to get there from San Pedro, they had to leave at 5:30 a.m. and travel to Quetzeltenango where they would catch a bus to Reu. The ride would be three hours from Quetz to Reu. If they traveled from San Pedro then it would be about 5 1/2 hours. They had earned this p-day by exceeding the goals that were set for the zone. Collin was pretty excited! We received this picture that was taken inside President Ruiz's home.)



Sorry I didn't write yesterday, we were having a pday at President's house. It was really tired. We were up at 4:30 and then travel and playing in the hot sun. Then we had four hours of travel back. I fell asleep at 9:30. I haven't been to bed that early since before my mission. 

Well, time is up. I love you guys a tons!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment