Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm Here!

Well here goes the big one. First off I'm overwhelmed.  I definitely do not know Spanish. haha But it's all good. This place is good and many of the members are quite strong members. That is something that I like to see. Well to start off my adventure, it is really hot down here and I sweat so so so so so so so so so so much. Such is life, I guess. I'm really grateful that the Lord called me here because I know that through the experiences and trials that I have here I will be a better and more efficient missionary and person. I don't know how many investigators we have because my comp has no idea either. That kinda kills me a tad bit. This is definitely a different world. I can't wait to see carpet again.

Well I figure I'll go over my daily activity. First off I wake up at six because the milk man drives by blasting music. Then I clean up my area, eat breakfast, shower, and then mop the bathroom and other areas that need mopped. It is only me and my companion in a little concrete box that we live in. It can get super hot. It was a mess when I got here but I'm changing that slowly but surely.  After awhile, we walk around wandering until my companion thinks of who to go visit because he doesn't like to contact people. When we do have a lesson he talks for about an hour then for another hour teaches and ya its just ridiculous. I'm a little worn down by it and I'm not really sure what to do. Tomorrow is a zone conference in San Marcos so I think I'll ask President there. That will be nice.

Well the zone I'm in is Malacatan but my area is San Isidro. It is really hot but pretty especially in a little town called Morales which is all trees and little huts. It rains every day here but I guess in a month that it will stop raining for almost six months which means it will just be hotter hahaha. Oh well thats ok. Um the food is tasty but my companion hates going anywhere so we usually only eat cereal because he feels meal time is apartment time. We do have a cook. Her name is Hermana Susy. She is a member and cooks well. We do usually go to her for lunch which is always a treat because her kids are a blast and her husband is really cool. He is a recent convert and next year they should be going to the temple.

For P-Day we played soccer for a while and it was nice to be with people who actually care about being missionaries. We had fun while my comp complained about how hard soccer is and how hot the air is and how he feels we should still do memorized lessons. O well that isn't important. It is nice to not have anyone watching over your shoulder constantly like in the CCM but that can be bad because you can end up like my comp. who doesn't even know that he is lazy.  I miss football here because I have no sports commonality with anyone.

I like how friendly people are. You can always count on people, during lessons, giving you food and drinks but yesterday was gross because in my orange juice I found an ant but I didn't want to be rude so I just drank it anyways.  hahaha.

President is super cool but doesn't speak English. He is way short. I'm not sure what else to write about. Oh wait. Yeah I do. We met a super cool guy yesterday - a new investigator - and he is really accepting. I loved it. It was probably the best lesson I have had yet. We need to get him baptized.

Well I love you all. I can't wait to hear from you. Dear elders still work here but we only get them every two weeks or so.  But I love you all and I love hearing about what is going on in your lives.

Con amor,
Elder Collin Grant
Part of San Isidro (we think)
Elder Grant in San Isidro. The bridge looks sturdy and safe.
The rain turns the streets into rivers.
Lots of green. This could be Morales.
Taxi anyone? I wonder if it is drier in there.
Just a normal rainy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment