Monday, March 18, 2013

The Adventures of Elder Collin Grant

Welcome to the Adventures of Elder Grant. Freak ... where to start. Well this week started off normal, like any other week. I had a nice P-Day; ate some delicious food; and then went into the house. We left to work and got rejected then went home to sleep. This is when all went crazy. So, I got a text from the zone leaders that was like, "Hey Dude! You need to go be in the house of the zone leaders in San Marcos like right now. Your "kid" (training companion) has to be in Guatemala in the morning. You have to leave at 2:30 in the freaking a.m.!" So, we packed up or at least my companion did and we left, into the cold night, making our way to San Marcos. We arrived in our wonderfully chilly destination.We knocked on the zonies' door and they came and asked, "Why are you two here?" Turns out our zonies had told these zonies nothing. It wasn't too long until I found out we had to go to the Capitol, without clothes and all that junk.

So, we get to the bus terminal and there are no buses there. Why? Turns out my zone leaders told us to leave because they wanted to sleep in. (Not funny) The bus was in my area. So, we waited for a bus in the middle of the night, freezing to death. Then just for funzies I decided to get really sick and I puked all over the place. Ya, that was cool! Finally the bus came and I felt like I was going to die. But on the bright side, supposedly, I was going to come back that night so I wasn't too worried about the whole clothes situation. But, I was wrong.

We started making our way to Xela and the bus decided to flip because the moron driver was going super fast down a pass way worse than the Jackson Pass. How do I know that the bus was flipping? Oh not much, just that I woke up in the air with everyone screaming and I see the road outside my side window coming at my face super fast. But, luckily God was like, "No! Collin won't die today!" and touched the bus and put it all normal. I was super mad at the bus driver and demanded my money back. We got on a different bus that didn't charge us. WOOT!!!!

We made it into the Capitol finally and I saw my buddy Elder See from the CCM. We talked, laughed, I puked, and had an all around good time. So anyways, my kid was there for Visa stuff. Then I got really sick. I started blacking out and puking lots. They called in the Church doc, for all of Central America, to check me out. Basically what he told me is, "YOU CANNOT LEAVE TODAY OR YOU WILL DIE!" Pretty cool right? So I stayed the night in the Capitol. Ya know, garments that have been on you since Monday don't smell too hot when it is Wednesday. We asked the Church Office what we were supposed to do. (At this moment I have Elder Segard as a companion because our kids were going to be in the Capitol until Friday.) We asked them here, "Where do we go?" and they said, "I DUNNO, stinking dummies." So, Segard and I were like, "I need garments because I smell like death and I cannot go to the hottest part of our mission without any." They pointed to us where the Office of Mission North is. (Don't you love how his Spanish is affecting his English.)

Well, this sparked a little gear in my head and I was like, "Hey! Whoa! My best bro, Ky Trupp is there right now. I'll go there." And we went and, yes, I saw my best friend, as you have seen by the pictures. (check out the previous post) [This is a little segment from Elder Trupp's letter home: "We also had a special guest come to the office this week as a surprise. Not many of you know him but the ones who do know that a certain Elder Collin Grant is one of my best friends ever. So it was good to see him. I think that helped me a lot, as well, to see a familiar face from home even if he smelled bad cuz he hadn't showered for a few days in travel from Retalulehu to the capital. But it was good to talk about mission stories with him even though we're still on our missions haha.] This was an awesome, once in a mission experience. And now I have no companion and I will be training again this Wednesday because my kid went to his real mission. And, I am the zone leader for this week.

That's my story. Hope ya'll enjoyed it!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment