Monday, July 29, 2013

Fasting Brings Blessings

Well, this week has been a whole lot of adventures! It was weird to not have the 24th of July but thats the last of all of them! Woot. This week has gone by very well and I have been able to gain a much better testimony of the power of fasting like for example how powerful it is. We fasted this last week, as a zone, for families and we all found families. It was awesome and many of them are positive. None of that would have happened if it weren't for the fast. Speaking of fast, the mission is shooting by super quickly as in I have less than 11 months until I go home. I know that thanks to good old Elder Yergensen in the office because, well, he likes to tell me these things.  Also this week we have had some fun with good old drunks.  Yesterday I got one to believe I'm from a country called Grinalicho which is in the middle of the ocean and we speak every language in the world. It was super funny but all the drunkenness is sad.

This week has been hard because of stupid substances like that. We had a family drop us because they use drugs and don't want to drop them. That was kind of hard because they were pretty positive which stinks ya know. But that's how life is. We found other people and that's just how life is here. Sometimes bad things happen and we can't  do anything to help it. Oh well.

Well things are going better with the training. I feel that he has been really down on himself and he was but is getting better. I just need to help him to realize that to study for your investigators is the best way to grow yourself. When you are looking for a way to help others, God helps you so much more in return. That's one of the many things that I absolutely love about missionary work because its so wonderful in that sense. Also I've never been closer to Christ - ever in my whole life. i wish i could always feel this way but I won't because I won't have his special mantle with me after the mission since I'll be released darn..... Oh well!  Well I gotta go. I hope all is well with ya'll and I love ya tons bye!!!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

Elder Grant and his District.

Happy for McDonalds.

That is some pretty short hair Elder Grant seems to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment