Monday, November 4, 2013

I Have Never Been Happier in My Life Than I Am Right Now

Hey everyone! how are you all? I'm doing great! The emergency changes went quite well. In fact, they went great! Kinda at first I was really mad because it meant that I wasn't going to be able to go the temple but I got to go. In fact, I rode up to Quetz with President and it was really fun. Plus it is always such a rad experience to get to go to the temple. I always look forward to it because I learn great things from it. After that, I came to my area and it looks possible that I'm going to the temple this month again to see a family get sealed that my companion baptized and in December I get to go again to see another family that I baptized get sealed!!! It is soooo freaking cool!!!!!! 

Elder Grant with President and Sister Ruiz

Elder Grant at the Quetzeltenango Temple

While I was at the temple I had the opportunity to sit in the Sealing Room after my session and just think about the divine plan that God has created for us - that he gives us all families and has a plan for every single one of those families to be eternal. It was wonderful to just sit and think about that. 

Well about the changes ... I got moved back to the Zone Las Palmas and it is pretty great! I'm a Zone Leader now with Elder Quiroz which is great because he was my Zone Leader before, in this same zone, and I'm going to "kill him" (an expression meaning he goes home with the next changes). He's my dad and I'm his murderer. Wahoo!!  Being a zl is definitely a new experience. I have a cell phone and I have to talk to President aveces. Also, I'm very nervous because Elder Carlos H Amado is coming to our zone and I have to get everything ready for the conference. By the way, he is a Seventy. I'm freaking out a little bit. Like you said, Mom, The Lord puts us in places so we learn and that's what I'm doing right now. That is the word about changes.

He loves this Guatemala land.

The rat that he killed. Note from mom: "Disgusting!"

Our zone seems a bit beat up right now maybe because they have all been here forever. I mean, my child, Elder Saunders, is still here! That's a long time. It is his 4th change here. Woww! I was so excited to see him. I hope that I can help them realize that this is the best work of all time. Honestly, I have never been happier in my life than I am right now. Sure, I have had incredibly enjoyable moments before and I miss you all a ton, but just being in the pure service of our God make everything super cool! I just love being missionary!!

Here is what else I have done. We had a baptism which was really fun and we colored the water blue instead of green. It looks like we are going to be out of time but I just want to ask those who are sealed in the temple to send me how they felt when they got sealed to their husband/wife. It could really help me with a few families that we are teaching. 

Baptism in Mazetenango with Elder Pichardo

Baptism in Las Palmas with Elder Quiroz


Oh, I forgot to tell you all that it was The Day of the Dead and we ate fiambre or sea meat salad smothered in beat juice. It was definitely interesting and tasty. It filled me up so much and I'm really glad it's only a one day a year thing. 

Fiambre or Sea Meat Salad - "Interesting"

Elder Quiroz and Elder Grant about to eat their Fiambre

Con amor,
Elder Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment