Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Plate, Sleight, and a Baptism

From Robin: Collin sent home a gift with a mission buddy. We finally were able to get to Provo to pick it up. I am so glad that we were able to get together. We LOVE the plate, carved by a member in his Ward, and will cherish it forever. But, I LOVED meeting Elder Loyd Sleight. I couldn't hug him tight enough knowing that he is the closest thing to Collin that I have seen in 20 months. He is so cute! No wonder Collin liked him so much.



Collin's letter:

So, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD news this week. We had a baptism!!! In your face, Satan!!!! I FREAKING HATE SATAN! The baptism was a huge fiasco at first, but, we got her done. At 9:30, my companion and I started our way down to La Verde, on bikes, and right when we got there we found that the pila wasn't full at all which is terrible because it takes like six hours to fill. In fact, the water pump of the church was busted completely by some stupid kids. So, then we had to get pulled by a pickup, fill another, and finally complete the baptism. And then our Branch President brought us food! That is also, and always, super awesome. I hope my companion sends me pictures of the baptism because I never carry my camera around.

My card reader, that I just bought, doesn't work. que crap!!!

Today I am quite sunburned because we played ultimate frisbee for a ton of time. I love that game. It is so much fun. Sorry to hear about the car. I hope all works out well with the insurance because that would stink if it didn't. I also hope you love the plate and enjoyed your Sleight experience. He is a funny kid.

The first picture is the baptism; the second is the husband of that first family I baptized back in Malacatan; and the third is Batman helping me mark scriptures. Petty cool, right! 




Well, love ya all. Bye!

Con amor,
Elder Grant



No comments:

Post a Comment