Monday, April 28, 2014

Adventures in Rio Blanco

Wow, what to say about this week, I have been exhausted the whole time. Here is the story. So Monday, it was a normal pday spending time just missioning it up playing ultimate frisbee. Then I realized I need to go to Rio blanco on divisions and I was like, "Alright. Sounds cool." So I packed my suitcase because it is a long trip and I would be staying until Thursday. Then I left at 7:00 pm on the bus. I got there at 9:00 because, ya know, it is only a two hours away on a dirt road surrounded by CLIFFS. The buses are all driven by some crazy Guatemalans and I swear are all gonna snap in half because they are rusty and are driven like they are drive in a rally race. I just kept beating my head off the window and some drunk lady fell on me. Some of her beer fell on my sweater.  I smelled like a drunk preaching white boy. That's a nice image as a representative of Christ. Finally I got done with that journey and made it to Rio blanco or White River in ingles, ya know.

I fell asleep and woke up at 6:00 to do a little exercise and decide, "Man, it is cold as crap!" I decide to wait my turn in the pathetically heated shower and read The miracle of Forgiveness. Everything is a sin but the ending is nice because we can repent. :) but that book is super good. President Kimball was a fireball! Then I showered and studied. Then we went to district meeting. Of to work then. We climbed some monster hills. They are super huge. I felt like I was climbing Table Rock, up the face or something, again! The next morning I got up to go running with Elder Green but my butt cheeks hurt too much so I was like, "uh... I'm not running." That day we walked two hours to a little town. Well, actually, it is a small city called Cabican. We walked two hours to get there and my tush was screaming for mercy but at least it is firm now. #flawlessfigure

That day was sick because we had a lesson with a less active and then with two investigators and we walked two hours down one mountain and up another to get back to Rio Blanco. We put a baptismal fecha and got two other guys super close to it as well.

One of the coolest parts of the day had to have been the personal and comp study we had.

Personal Study Insight: I wanted to find a better way to invite people to be baptized. I read Acts 2 because Peter baptized 3000 people which is otro pedo! As I read I found out one of the ways to show that the gift of tongues isn't just some stupid fake talking thing but really it is the ability to speak another language. The apostles started speaking in Hebrew and the Jews say, "Man, they are drunk. (That is funny because the drunks here have pretty good English.) then Peter explains that they are filled with the Spirit. Then he teaches them all about Christ and the plan of Salvation. He includes the resurrection of Christ and then the Jews, who were non-believers, ask what they should do. Petr tells them to get baptized and repent. It is because they felt the Spirit and the power of the Christ. Many people think that it may be because of the way we teach and only teaching a few things should make them convinced. But no! The investigators need to understand it all. It is the same for us.if we want to repent we need to understand really what the gospel is and our epentence will be more heartfelt and full.

Comp Study Insight: The kid I was with wanted to know how to tell an investigator that The Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth because there is a guy that believes it but likes the Bible first and only. I showed him a scripture in 2 Chronicles 29. It mentions obvious books that don't appear in the Bible and BOOM!!! The guy now wants to go to church. That was pretty cool! 

I am feeling much better. I only have a runny nose now. I just had a nasty cold. I'm used to the cold now. Funny thing is that it has been very foggy lately. In fact, last night, just for fun, we opened the window and the room filled with mist. Good times! Cold but fun. Glad you have been getting rain but I promise that it is nothing like here. I will never ever see rain like this again.Well, love you guys a ton. My life is awesome!

Con amor,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment